Gmail Configuration in Outlook
One of our clients asked us today that is it possible to setup Gmail in outlook? We have never done like this before and after digging google on this, we found that yes it is possible.
Using following steps you can achieve it.
- You will have to change some settings in your Gmail account first. Log into your Gmail account and open the Settings page with a gear icon on the extreme top right-hand side. Then you go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and make sure IMAP is enabled, if it is not enabled, then enable it and click on save changes.
- Then go to your Outlook and there click on the File tab.
- Then, just above the Account Settings button, you can see the Add account button click that.
- You need to select manual setup or additional server types.
- Here you need to choose service as POP or IMAP
- You will need to add user information and in the server information,
Account type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
- You will not have to move to More settings and select the Outgoing server tab. Check box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- In the same window go to the Advanced tab and verify the following.
Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing server (SMTP): 25 or 465
Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS
- Click Next.
If all the information you have entered is correct, you will have to verify both with just hitting send/receive button, if both tasks will be completed successfully and you can close the window and again click Next.
- You’ll get You’re all set! the message,